
The Consistory is part of the Annunciation Cathedral Complex.
The Consistory is a governmental body responsible for administering the affairs of the Orthodox Church.
The Consistory building was constructed in the 18th century on the site of a former bishop’s stable yard dating from the 16th century. Its south‑eastern wing adjoins the Konsistorskaya Tower, and the building’s eastern side rests on remnants of the white‑stone fortress wall. Over time, the two‑storey brick building came to consist of several blocks added at different periods, forming an open quadrangle with an interior courtyard. The Consistory completes the northern line of the complex of Prisutstvennye Mesta (Government Offices).
The Consistory’s main building is situated along Sheinkman Proezd and has an arched passage leading to the interior courtyard. The Consistory building was rebuilt following the fire of 1815. The building’s façade is plastered, and windows on both storeys are adorned with architraves stylised in the manner of Russian patterned architecture.
In the 19th century, the Ecclesiastical Department was housed here. During the Soviet period, the Ministry of Health of the TASSR was housed in the Consistory building.
Nowadays, the building is used for administrative purposes.